Earth Week 2023
Earth Week Fun Facts
- 2019 marked the eighth annual UT Dallas Earth Week. #utdearthweek
- Volunteers donated 166.6 hours and $4,110.89 of volunteer time during Earth Week 2019.
- Earth Week 2019 events and service opportunities engaged 891 participants in 17 events with 20 community partners, 17 campus departments, and 8 student organizations.
- Earth Fair is the largest event during Earth Week and features an array of student and community focused green initiatives.
- UT Dallas has a certified monarch waystation on campus. Butterfly Flutterby, established during Earth Week in spring 2015, give students the opportunity to enjoy maintaining the butterfly habitat year-round.
UT Dallas Goes Green!
- UT Dallas diverts all food waste from the landfill for composting at Dining Hall West and students deliver leftover food to the needy through the Food Recovery Network.
- UT Dallas is certified a Bee Campus USA through the Xerces Society and a certified Tree Campus USA through the Arbor Day Foundation.
- More than 3,000,000 plastic bottles have been saved by students using campus’ 43 water bottle filling stations.
- UT Dallas has 7 LEED Certified Buildings, and is pursuing LEED Certification for the Science Building that is currently under construction.
- UT Dallas recycled 1.4 million pounds of waste in 2018.
- Through the Office of Student Volunteerism, year-round "green" events are hosted at the UT Dallas Community Garden, Butterfly Flutterby, Adopt-a-Highway, and Operation Upcycle series.
Do you have questions or want to be a part of Earth Week? Contact the OSV if you would like to get involved!
Join us for Earth Week, April 14-22, hosted by the Office of Student Volunteerism and the Office of Sustainability. The purpose of UT Dallas Earth Week is to equip, connect and empower tomorrow’s leaders to adopt eco-friendly practices and minimize their environmental footprint. UT Dallas cares about environmental education and sustainability, and your organization, department or business is invited to host an event during Earth Week. This year's Earth Week theme is Make it Local, Make it Personal.
EARTH FAIR REGISTRATION
❯ Register for Earth Fair Event
The 12th annual UT Dallas Earth Fair is planned for April 20, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on the Student Union mall area. It will feature informational booths and interactive activities from student organizations, campus departments and community partners. We will celebrate with music, displays and activities. More than 400 students and community members participated in the last year's Earth Fair to learn about alternative energy options, organic gardening, habitat restoration, local food production, waste reduction and more. This year, we're looking forward to highlighting conservation efforts and advocacy and sharing opportunities for involvement. The deadline to register is April 1.
EARTH WEEK EVENT REGISTRATION
❯ Earth Week Event Registration
We hope for a fun and active show of support for climate action and sustainability from the community. Complete the Earth Week Event Registration Form by or before April 1 to have your event on the schedule. Note: Events registered via the form will receive an approval email from either the Office of Student Volunteerism or the Office of Sustainability. It is up to the event organizer to reserve, advertise and run their own respective event(s) for Earth Week.
Comet Calendar: Upcoming Earth Week Events
Engage UTD: Upcoming Earth Week Events