UT Dallas is committed to making an impact and contributing to the communities of Dallas. EngageUTD is a platform where students, faculty and community partners can engage and collaborate. UTD is partnered with various organizations that post their volunteering events and programs on EngageUTD and students/faculty can keep track of those events and register and record their hours/impacts.
Questions or feedback? Let us know more about your experiences with EngageUTD and we will be in touch. You may also contact the Office of Student Volunteerism at 972-883-6131 or email [email protected]. Additional resources to navigate the platform can be found at Givepulse Support.
EngageUTD allows students to find and register for volunteer opportunities posted by community organizations. Students can learn more about how to sign up, register for events and add their service hours/impacts.
Learn More »
EngageUTD allows faculty, staff and departments to incorporate service into courses, verify service hours and create events/opportunities for students to get involved. Create an account.
Learn More »
Through EngageUTD, non-profit and community organizations may post volunteer opportunities in which campus users may participate. UTD community partners can opt to affiliate with UTD on the platform, which allows their events to be posted on the EngageUTD
main page and be shared with all UTD users.
Learn More »
- All students have an account in the EngageUTD system.
- By clicking the Single Sign On option, students will be asked to sign in their NetID and password, then redirected to a dashboard where they can search for volunteer opportunities and add impacts.
- Click the Get Involved option on the notification bar at the top of the page. Users will be redirected to a page where they can search for both Events and Groups.
- On the right side, users will find a blue button to toggle between Events and Groups. Select Groups.
Use the search bar to find the name of group to join and hit
Enter; select a Group.
- Finally, click Become Member under the Group’s name.
There are two methods to add an impact from the EngageUTD profile.
Method 1: Add an impact from the dashboard.
- Click Hi [Name], at the top of the notification bar and select Add Impact.
- Search by name, location or look through groups by clicking My Groups.
- If a group is listed after the search results appear, select the group and click Add Impact.
- After entering the details of an impact, click Add Impact to submit.
Method 2: Add an impact from user registrations.
- To add an impact directly from event registrations, select My Activity on the top bar and then select Registrations.
- From registrations, look for the event for which you are recording an impact.
- On the right side of the event, find the Actions and choose Add Impact.
- Fill in information and click Add Impact to submit the impact.
To update/track an impact already submitted, follow the steps below.
- Go to My Activity on the navigation bar and click Impacts. Find the list of impacts to track.
- From the dropdown menu next to the impact, select Update. You will be redirected to a page where you can edit information.
- After updating the information, select Update Impact to save changes.
- To delete an impact, locate the delete option at the bottom of the page.
Note: If the status of the impact was previously Verified, the status will now change to Pending Verification and it will need to be verified again.
- To register for an event through listed opportunities, click on the event.
- You will be redirected to the event page where you can click the Register option.
- You will now have to agree to the liability waver and click Continue to confirm the registration.
Note: You may not be able to register for an event if the start date is too close to the current date.
- To cancel a registration, go to My Activity and select My Registrations.
- Select the event to update/cancel, then select Update Registration or Cancel Registration.
- Cancel Registration will cancel a single instance of a recurring event, as each recurrence is listed individually.
- You can also click Update Registration and return to the original registration page, where you can update multiple recurrences. From here, you can also cancel all recurrences by clicking Cancel All.
- To verify, go to the group and click Manage under the group name.
- Click Impacts and choose Manage Impacts.
- Bulk verify the impacts by checking the box on the header, then click Bulk Actions. From the dropdown options, choose Verify Selected.
- To individually verify an impact, click Verify.
- To create an event, navigate to the group’s dashboard under which you’d like to create an event.
- On the group dashboard, click Events on the left-hand menu and select Create Event.
- Fill in the required details and click Publish to post the event.
- If you’d like to edit further settings, click Save and Continue.
- You may now configure registration and impact settings.
- Click Publish to post the event.
Community Partner FAQs
- Create an account with GivePulse.
- On the top navigation bar, click My Activity and Select Groups from the dropdown menu.
- On the right side, locate Create. Fill out the information in all the sections.
- In the final section, click Save Group.
- To affiliate, you must be an admin of the group with which you are trying to affiliate. Go to the UT Dallas page and click Affiliate.
- You will now be redirected to a page where you can enter details.
- Finally, click Send Request.
- From the navigation bar under My Activity, select Groups.
- You will now find a list of groups. Select the group you would like to post an event for, and you will be directed to the group’s page.
- Under the group’s name, find Manage in blue. Select Add Event.
- Fill in the information. According to your preference, you can change the type of event to No Shifts/Timeslots, Timeslots or Shifts and complete the details as required.
- Click Save and Continue and you will be redirected to more sections where you can add additional information.